Tuesday 12 May 2015

Burning Room

Its not a silly argument
It's not a time to pay our dues
No its not a fight we can settle
We have finally reached our point

We thought we could handle the pain and the stress
With fake smiles and fake laughter
That we put out for the Crowd to see
I guess we really deceived them
But we couldn't deceive ourselves

I was the one you really wanted
Then today you woke up and changed your mind
Saying I didn't mean anything to you
When you were the only cure to my disease

I'll try and keep all this pain
And you move on with your life of lies
Denying in your mind every bit of affection
That your heart still feels for me.

I'm sure you haven't noticed
That we are going down slowly
With no way of coming up
The distress calls cannot be heard
We've built up too many False alarms .

The house is set ablaze
Redemption has refused to take its place
We have nothing else to do with ourselves
Only to slow dance in this burning room.

No comments:

Post a Comment