Monday 9 March 2015

The King's Blue Funk.

As I lay looking from my castle 
The whole streets filled with people 
There is no smile and no joy to behold 
In Every light corner threads a darkness unknown 

The plebeians have lost faith in my system
My daughter sees no love in me 
I hear wailing from where my wife lays to rest
Even the dead are pierced with spears of pain
With the way Desolation has occurred. 

I can't cry 
I can't find the tears 
My eyes are getting blurred from all of my mistakes
The Evil spreads like a virus in my heart
No space for love to dwell in 
Leaving me dark and  hollow. 

For the bones have been broken 
The flesh has been skinned 
As the dust gather around in the evening 
So will my Kingdom never been known again. 

I wish I could grasp the light to healing 
Not withstanding my high fall from grace 
With every tune that the harper plays 
My soul will try to find rest in my dying world

No comments:

Post a Comment