Tuesday 8 December 2015

Better Than This




I refuse to be a member of an institution that lacks perception
No depth, no madness, just boredom at it's peak
I want to feel immortal by my writings and speech
Heal the people of dark minds and broken dreams
Rather than be judged by grades that don't represent my subtlety
I reject society's thoughts of my tomorrow
Along with their customs and practices of how the world should be
Nevertheless I focus on the truth invested in me
Many have been marred by words and actions
Letting their soul be blistered by the rabble who know them not
What are we becoming? What are we doing?
Our arms are folded when the superiors show up
That is to tell them we have no hesitation and thoughts of our own
Are we gonna be liberators or another set of a failing society
I refuse to be part of a soulless social order
Because I know it can be better than this.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment